Skip to content
PodcastsNewsFirst Take SA

First Take SA

SAfm
First Take SA
Latest episode

6533 episodes

  • First Take SA

    Mpumalanga residents plead for mining jobs

    2026/08/21 | 3 mins.
    Residents and small business owners in Emalahleni, Mpumalanga, have accused mining company, Seriti, of overlooking them for employment and business opportunities at its recently opened pit. The residents say they have not benefitted from the mine in terms of job opportunities, business opportunities, skills training or infrastructure development since it began operations, earlier this year. They claim that the mine prioritises individuals from outside the community, when positions become available at its New Largo Pit A in Empumelelweni. Motsebi wa Monareng reports.
  • First Take SA

    Sexual assault case against Dobsonville church elder Tshepo Ntsimane postponed

    2026/08/21 | 3 mins.
    The sexual assault case against Dobsonville church elder and political figure, Tshepo Ntsimane, has been postponed to the 3rd of September for pre-trial proceedings. Ntsimane appeared before the Johannesburg High Court in his first appearance since the matter was transferred from the Roodepoort Magistrates' Court. The case is now before a new judge and a new legal team, who are still familiarising themselves with the matter. Luyanda Danca reports
  • First Take SA

    Man accused of the murder of his wife in front of their two children appears in court

    2026/08/21 | 3 mins.
    The bail hearing of a Pretoria man accused of the murder of his wife in front of their two children, has taken an emotional turn after the State presented social media posts allegedly written by one of the children following the death of their mother. The woman was allegedly shot and killed in March this year her home in Valhalla, Centurion. The State says the posts highlight the trauma suffered by the children. The Pretoria Magistrates' Court has postponed the matter to 27 August to rule on whether further evidence, including alleged recordings of threats, can be played in court. Nonhlanhla Ntshingila reports.
  • First Take SA

    EFF confident that Thoko Didiza's days in Parliament are numbered

    2026/08/21 | 2 mins.
    EFF Treasurer-General Omphile Maotwe says Speaker Thoko Didiza will be ousted in next Wednesday's no-confidence vote. Speaking to Bongiwe Zwane, Maotwe said the motion is over Didiza's handling of the Section 89 impeachment process, and the EFF is lobbying other parties for support.
  • First Take SA

    National Assembly to vote in a motion of no confidence against the Speaker Thoko Didiza

    2026/08/21 | 4 mins.
    The National Assembly will vote in a motion of no confidence against the Speaker, Thoko Didiza, next Wednesday. The motion, tabled by EFF leader, Julius Malema in June, relates to Didiza's decision not to oppose President Cyril Ramaphosa's urgent interdict application in the Western Cape High Court to halt the Parliamentary impeachment process over the Phala Phala matter. The court has in the meanwhile granted the interdict. It is not yet clear if voting will take place in person or on a virtual platform. Zalene Merrington reports.
More News podcasts
About First Take SA
News and Current Affairs 
Podcast website

Listen to First Take SA, The Daily and many other podcasts from around the world with the radio.net app

Get the free radio.net app

  • Stations and podcasts to bookmark
  • Stream via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
  • Supports Carplay & Android Auto
  • Many other app features
First Take SA: Podcasts in Family